To combat insurance fraud, many states and the federal government are writing stringent “anti-kickback” laws and statutes. To ensure that we are in alignment with current laws in regard to referrals, Best Choice Network adheres to the following standards and practices:
1. WE PROVIDE OPTIONS, NOT REFERRALS: We will not attempt, through our standard questions or through any other means, to steer an individual to any particular facility or program. We will list various institutions that we represent, and provide basic information about that institution. We will not ask or force the inquirer to choose any particular one. It is up to the individual to choose which one(s) would be the best for them and their own situation;
2. WE CANNOT ASSESS THE INDIVIDUAL: We will not provide, nor will we represent ourselves as providing, diagnostic, legal, or psychological services. We will not provide assessments of academic, mental, psychological, or medical status or well-being of potential residents, nor will we make any promises or guarantees of cure or remedy of such issues by any particular organization. We cannot assess whether a potential resident may be suicidal, or prone to self-harm, nor guarantee that they will not harm of others or the facility of the institution they choose to enroll in. Such assessments are totally the responsibility of the institution, the parents, and the licensed professionals they may hire. We recommend that all final decisions in regard to enrollment be evaluated and referred by a licensed professional, hired by the parent;
3. WE CANNOT ARRANGE TRANSPORT: We cannot directly arrange for transportation of a child to or from the location of a health care provider or health care facility. Some regulators see this as an unfair ability to force placement into one particular institution, so this is not something we will participate in, though we will offer options of various transport services that we have worked with before that seem to have done a good job;
4. WE ARE PAID ONE FLAT FEE, SET IN ADVANCE: The fee paid to us by the schools and programs we represent is set in advance and will not increase based on the amount of services that institution may offer any student/resident. We hold an outsourced and contracted sales position of the institutions we represent. Such contracted fees are consistent with the fair market value of such services. Fees are not based on or increased based on the amount charged for the resulting services of the institution. We do not accept added incentives, gifts or kickbacks from any institution for pushing up costs or services or for choosing to promote one institution over another;
5. BCN IS A CONTRACTED EXTENSION OF THE INSTITUTION: Under an Agent Agreement we work with all institutions such that we are an extension of their intake or admission department, not an outside broker. We are paid a flat fee only if we accomplish adding an enrollment for the institution. This is payment for performance is similar to what an in-house salesperson would receive as incentive for making a “sale”. Our contracted services never include added incentive or kickbacks designed to drive up costs or to increase the resulting fees paid to care for the resident;
6. NO OWNERSHIP, GIFTS, OR REDUCED-FEE SERVICES: We hold absolutely no ownership interest in any of the institutions we work with, nor do any of our immediate relatives or other companies we may be associated with hold ownership positions. We gain no gifts nor services from the institutions we are contracted with, reduced in value or free services from them, in exchange for promoting them. As a company and as individuals and sub-contractors within the company, we receive no other means of compensation other than the one flat fee paid by the institution per resident that we help them enroll there, as already identified above.
“NO WARRANTY” LEGAL NOTICE: BCN does not guarantee recovery or even positive outcomes for any particular individual who attends any program or school we might offer as an option. Recovery and future avoidance of troubling behavior or actions and whatever effects that may have on the individual’s life, their future, their career, their mental or physical health, or their friends and relatives are entirely dependent on each individual student and how they accept and apply the principles they are taught by the program, school or its staff or therapists.