Many states are writing stringent insurance fraud and “anti-kickback” laws and statutes to protect their coffers and to maintain the financial stability of insurance providers. To align with current laws in regard to referrals to healthcare and child services providers, Best Choice Network adheres to the following practices:
1. We cannot attempt, through our standard questions or through any other means, to steer or lead an inquirer to select or consider selection of any particular facility. We can list your program among the programs that we represent and all the inquirer to choose which would be the best for their own situation;
2. We cannot provide or represent ourselves as providing diagnostic or counseling services or assessments of mental or emotional well-being, nor make any promises of cure or guarantees of successful treatment;
3. We cannot provide for or arrange for transportation of a child to or from the location of a health care provider or health care facility. Some see this as an ability to force placement into one particular facility, so this is not allowed.
4. We set referral fees in advance, consistent with the fair market value for those information services, and will not base them on a percentage of the amount charged for the resulting services of the institution. We cannot receive added incentive or kickbacks for pushing up costs or services.
5. We require our network clients to have an agency agreement with us such that we are known to be providing professional marketing services and working on their team and on their behalf. Our work is similar to what a marketing department staff member would do if we were located in the client’s facility. We are paid a flat fee per placement, which provides incentive to us similar to what an employee or on staff salesperson would receive.